Full Job Description
Choose a career in Supply Chain and Technical & Production and you’ll be part of our logistics backbone – and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of BlueTriton Brands offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Supply Chain factories spread across the nation. Job Description
We are currently seeking a full-time Transport Drivers (Tanker) at our Poland Spring, Maine locations. Available positions include evening and night start times.
Hourly rate: 29.45
Sign on Bonus: $1,000. Paid as $500 at hire and $500 at 90 days
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Safely operate a semi-trailer/tractor unit with gross vehicle weight of 100,000 lbs in the timely pick-up and delivery of bulk water from spring sites to company bottling plants.
- Load and unload tanker truck safely. Follow company procedures on water quality testing.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, Local and company operating requirements including DOT Hours of Service regulations, vehicle inspections, electronic log book maintenance )
- Communicate effectively with dispatchers and plant personal.
- Represent the company in a professional manner by keeping a neat appearance, interacting well with the public, and maintaining safe speeds and driving habits in the communities in which we operate.
Key qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (with tanker endorsement)
- Two or more years over the road experience driving a tractor / semi- trailer, preferably 100,000 pound GVW
- No preventable accidents in the past 24 months
- No more than two moving violations in the past 36 months
- No reckless driving convictions
- No drug and/or alcohol related driving offenses or convictions
- Drivers must be able to meet DOT and OSHA requirements
- Must be available to work day, night, and weekend hours and be capable of driving at night
- Reading and writing skills sufficient to complete all required paperwork
- Ability to withstand prolonged periods in a sitting position driving a truck
- Ability to maintain safe and efficient control of the vehicle at all times
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs on trailer and tractor and at loading and unloading facilities
- Ability to twist, kneel, squat and other maneuvers in sometimes confined quarters to connect valves, hoses and fittings as required in loading and unloading
- Ability to move/lift, lower or rise from ground or above ground level objects weighing up to 75 lbs for short periods of time and moving by pushing, pulling or carrying over a distances up to 100 feet
This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. BlueTriton Brands offers comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) w/match, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more!
BlueTriton Brands is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills, Ice Mountain, Origins, Saratoga, Splash, Ac+ion and Pure Life. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at BlueTriton Brands?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.