This article is for one jobs
Mobile Appointed Person Electrical Technician
Full Job Description
To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works or emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Electrical Services.
Aims and Objectives
- To focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping SPIE Ltd to maintain its leading edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers.
- Adherence to Health & Safety at all times.
- To provide a high quality support service to Facilities Management contracts.
To achieve PPM and Reactive targets and deadlines.
- Actively integrate and encourage ownership within the mobile team
- Continually review workload, focus on project management from enquiry to completion, with Individual development.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Act as Appointed Person under SPIE ES20 Low Voltage safe system of Work.
- Carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- Ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
- Co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- Co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with electrical aspects of the PPM schedules.
- Participate in shift pattern working week
- Respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the electrical services aspects of the contract as required. This may also include attending breakdowns and reactive calls to other services.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Repair of electrical systems and controls associated with Heating and Ventilating Building Services.
- Repair and maintenance of lighting and distribution systems.
- Attend monthly site meetings as required.
- Provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- Proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they Mechanical and Electrical, Like for Like replacements, Project works, etc.
- Carry out any adhoc duties as directed by Line Manager.
Health and Safety
All employees are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
- City & Guilds Parts 1 and 2 (Electrical Installation 2360)
- AM2 Completed or Equivalent
- City & Guilds 2391 and or 2394 – Inspection and Testing
- 18th Edition
- Electrical Apprenticeship completed
- JIB Approved Electrician
- Health and Safety Training; and
- GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent; and
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Experience in the Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules
- Experienced in electrical installation work, plus electrical testing and inspection
- A full UK driving license.
- Employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check
- Previous Low Voltage Appointed Person formal training Certificate
- Experience in CAFM system
- Experience in working with helpdesk call centre
- Experience with Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
- Able to complete Electrical Installations certificates and Minor Works Certificates
- Basic Mechanical experience/knowledge
- PAT Testing
Job Type: Full-time