School Bus Driver
- Fair chance
Now Hiring School Bus Drivers In Portland!
Stop by any Wednesday for our Walk in Wednesday Events!
Ask about our awesome new wages and put in an app,
And you may get an on the spot interview!
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts.
For More Drivers Jobs Click Now
Why join as a School Bus Driver? For many reasons:
- $32.00- $43.24/HR Starting Wage; Depending on Experience *
- Immediate Routes and Summer Work Available
- $2,000/$2,500 for non-credentialed/training pay*
- $2,500/$3,000 for non-credentialed/NO training pay*
- $8,500 for fully credentialed*
- Training completion pay available upon request.
- Extended Paid Training during Summer after you get license
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Company Pays for Permit Tests, Permit Cost and License Cost
- Weekly Attendance Bonus
- 40 Hours Paid Time Off front loaded (September to September)
- Extra Work Available (Trips / Yard Work)
- Annual increase in pay**
- Company Benefits: First Student offers all employees Medical, Dental, Vision and a 401K plan*.Medical benefits offered through Kaiser Permanente, Dental benefits provided by Cigna Dental, Vision benefits through VSP and a Wells Fargo ran 401K plan*.
**Additionally, First Student covers 65% of an employee’s medical (employee only) for the first year and 100% by year 5**
About the Position
- Join our team of professional drivers dedicated to getting students to and from school safely
- Drivers enjoy the support of our industry leading technology to guide them through their daily routes
- Prioritize vehicle maintenance by conducting pre and post trip vehicle inspections
- Provide support to students by assisting with boarding and exiting the bus
- Good verbal communication skills
- At least 21 years old
- Valid driver’s license for at least 3 years
- Be subject to a drug screen and physical
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
- Conditions apply. See location for details. Bonus Expires 5/31/2023.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
- Health insurance