There are an ever growing number of Android video editors available on the Play Store today. And unless you know exactly what your requirements are, it can become overwhelmint to zero in and figure out which is the best video editing app for Android.
So in this article, we will give you a low down of the top 10 best video editing apps for android – both free and paid, to help you make a more informed choice and kickstart your video editing journey.
Here are the ones we’ll be covering:
5. Viva Video
7. Video Show
10. Power Director
The Filmr app is a super easy-to-use video editing app for Android as well as iOS-based phones. Perfect for both beginners as well as advanced video creators- it has a simple, fast and intuitive interface. You can add transitions, effects, filters and more to transform a basic video to something that is uber cool. If you’re looking for speed, agility and a premium look for your videos, Filmr is the place for you.
Review: Filmr has gained an overall rating of 4.4/5 based on reviews from 8,126 users and has 1 million and growing downloads on Playstore.
Price: It has a free version that allows you to create videos with an InVideo watermark. The paid plans start from $15/month
– No limit on the number of images/videos you can import
– Smooth and unique transitions between videos
– Multiple fonts to make your text stand out
– Switch video format with ease: horizontal (16:9 and 4:5), vertical (4:3), stories (9:16), and square (1:1)
– 20 million+ royalty free music library
– Exclusive filters and effects to transform videos
Quik is one of the best free video editing apps for Android, brought to you by GoPro. With the Quik app, you can create awesome videos in just a few taps.
Automatically add transitions and effects and apply beat-synced themes to create stunning and shareable edits. It does most of the editing automatically; however, Quik also lets you customize fine details.
Review: Quik has gained an overall rating of 4.4/5 based on the reviews from 476,637 usersQuick is a free video editing app for Android phones.
Price: Quik is a free video editing app for Android phones.
– Add up to 75 photos and video clips from your gallery, cloud storage, or GoPro Plus
– Compatible with motion photos
– Unlimited back-up at 100% quality
– GPS Stickers to showcase GoPro video’s speed
– AI-powered face, movement, and sound detection for the perfect frame. Open to manual corrections
– 23+ themes for any occasion
– Record, trim or rotate videos, add text overlays, change video speed
– Videos in various dimensions – square, portrait, or cinema
– 100+ free songs for background or add your own
– HD 1080p export
– QuikStories – works with the GoPro App and compiles excellent videos with media shot within the last 72 hours.
– The PRO version automatically backs up your GoPro footage.
A pretty powerful video editor application, Filmora go is also one of the best free video editing app for Android phones which will not stamp a watermark or place a time limit on your clip. It helps you create decent videos with a wide variety of effects and presets. You can easily share your videos with your friends on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp right from the platform.
Review: FilmoraGo has gained an overall rating of 4.6/5 based on the reviews from 626,723 users.
Price: Filters and effects can be bought via in-app purchases ranging from $0.99 – $34.99 per item
– Import from social networking sites like Instagram and Facebook
– Extensive library of licensed songs
– Lip sync your videos
– Make videos in various dimensions – square, cinema
– Reverse, trim or rotate videos, add text overlays, play with speed
– Multiple Fast or Slow motions in the same video
– Change motion and timeline of title, can add multiple titles
– Supports many international languages like German, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish, etc
KineMaster is a full-featured video editor for Android. It has powerful tools that are easy to use. It has over 2500 downloadable transitions, effects, videos, images and transitions. The addition of EQ presets, ducking and volume envelope tools makes audios on KineMaster super immersive and powerful. The premium subscription also features unlimited exports in resolutions up to 4K.
Review: KineMaster has gained an overall rating of 4.4/5 based on the reviews from 4,511,621 users.
Yearly Charge after seven-day free trial
– In-built graphics, fonts, stickers, transitions, clips, and more to beautify your video
– Multiple layers of video, stickers, images, text, etc
– It includes a keyframe animation tool to add motion to layers
– Voice overs, voice changers, sound effects, background music
– Create beautiful effects with a blending mode
– Share on YouTube, Facebook, Dropbox, etc
VivaVideo is a free video editing app for Android that comes with all the basic functions you can think of, as well as several advanced features that make it a top contender.
VivaVideo is one of the most comprehensive video editing apps, with video editing features like making videos from pictures with song, editing video with transitions, adding video to video, combining video clips, adding music to video, and much more. It features hundreds of Special Effects/ Stickers/ Filters/ Animated clips to transform your videos. You can directly share the video to your social media handles from within the app.
Review: VivaVideo has gained an overall rating of 4.6/5 based on the reviews from 12,970,605 users.
Yearly VIP Membership
– Professional music video maker with songs and effects
– Make videos from pictures and songs easily
– Several video editing effects: blur background, slow down videos, speed up videos, etc
– Combine several video clips to make one video
– Can cut, edit, merge, paste while editing a video
– Export videos at your desired resolution like 720p, 1080p, 4K, etc
WeVideo for Android makes it easy, fast, and fun to create and share amazing videos. It has been featured in TechCrunch, CNET, ReelSEO, The Next Web, Wired, and more. With WeVideo’s Video Editor App, you can capture memories wherever they happen and transform them into breath-taking videos and share them on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
WeVideo Professional or Business plan has even more benefits like expanded music and theme libraries, professional-quality graphics, no WeVideo watermark, etc.
Review: WeVideo has gained an overall rating of 4.0/5 based on the reviews from 164,724 users.
$41.81/month and $249.47/year
$14.63/month and $86.41/year
$9.06/month and $53.66/year
$3.76 one year pass
– Create stunning videos with exceptional video themes and video filters
– With selected upgrades, you can publish up to 4K Ultra High Definition video
– Use the blurred background to enhance your vertical videos
– Add your own music or use its royalty-free library for a custom soundtrack
– Publish and upload to YouTube, Dropbox, Instagram, Facebook, etc
VideoShow offers excellent video editing features. It is an easy and practical video editing app & movie scene maker for both art directors and beginners. With the help of this video cutter, you can reverse, blur, duplicate, edit, merge, trim, split, collage clips, or videos.
VideoShow also allows you to add subtitles to any video, or to change its audio. It also lets you take any video on your device and apply different filters. The app contains an inventory of over 50 elaborate themes for stunning music video/slideshow/vlogs instantly.
Review: VideoShow hhas gained an overall rating of 4.6/5 based on the reviews from 5,704,936 users.
– Create artistic subtitles with a variety of text fonts and styles
– Reduce video size directly in the app
– Easy and practical for professionals as well as beginners
– One can easily shoot videos through the app and edit them
– Can extract audio from existing videos
– Doodle on video (only in VIP version)
Magisto uses sophisticated A.I. to find the best parts of your recording. It smartly applies editing techniques including video stabilization, filters object detection, effects, and auto-crop, to create mind-blowing videos that outshine the average slideshow or collage.
Designed as your 24/7 personal movie editor, Magisto combines clips, photos, filters, music, text, and effects to help you tell your story. Once in a while, Magisto will present you with a fully automated private surprise movie by converting the photos and video clips from your gallery.
Review: Magisto has gained an overall rating of 4.1/5 based on the reviews from 1,133,767 users.
$18.43 Paid Yearly, [$1.53/month]
– Share your video content on social networking platforms with a single tap
– Pick royalty-free music divided by genre, mood and category
– Add music directly from your device
– Combine clips, photos, stickers, music, texts, filters, etc. to make a fabulous video
– Turn every video into a story with the app’s intelligent AI
InShot is a powerful video editing app for android in addition to being a movie maker with features like trim & cut video/movie, add music, text, stickers and glitch effects, blur background, and No Crop. It provides basic yet powerful video editing features, thus helping you test out your creative skills.
It encourages you to create incredible videos with ease for TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.
Review: InShot has gained an overall rating of 4.8/5 based on the reviews from 11,994,317 users.
After 7-Days Free Trial
$9.06/year and 75 cents/month
One- Time Purchase
– Video Splitter, Video Trimmer and Video Cutter
– Merge and join clips from two different videos
– Powerful pro video editor for Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Musical.ly, etc
– Loads of unique filters and colorful backgrounds
– Supports multiple formats/ratios
– Adjust music volume with a fade-in and fade-out feature
PowerDirector is an Android video editor that lets you create videos in 4K quality, edit videos with multi-timeline features, and share them on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
It lets you add music, transitions, motion titles, effects, emojis, filters and more to enhance your videos.
It is also featured as an Editors’ Choice app on Google Play.
Review: PowerDirector has gained an overall rating of 4.5/5 based on the reviews from 157,8358 users.
– Export videos with up to 4K resolution
– Video Stabilizer to fix shaky footage
– Chroma key to edit green screen background
– Add glitch and transition effects to make the video look futuristic
– Overlay clips to produce double exposure effects
– Multiple blending modes and multi-timeline interface.
Thank you for reading! Try these out too:
SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS.
FOLLOW US FOR MORE…